Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Oh god, my hiatus hernia.

In theory the whole point of taking a vacation, even a mini one, is to relax. This was my goal at the start of this past weekend, and to some extent is one I achieved. The only problem is that I relaxed too much. After five days of complete inactivity I have no ambition to do anything, and no patience with those who want to make me do things.
The timing of this lethargy couldn't be more inconvenient. Currently I'm facing seven days of work, a dentist appointment sure to feature loads of drilling and scraping, an employee review, and the daily pressures of coexisting with other human beings. Add to this mix my ongoing non-smoking binge and my apparently unbeatable cold and I'm in a swell state.
Tomorrow's employee review is particularly laughable. Of all times to have my performance reviewed. No chance of getting five stars, two thumbs up, or a smiley face sticker. Not even an e for effort today.
Ugh, too much dreary hate and death, emotionally speaking. Strange how five days of nothing turns into too much information to write about in one blog. So here's to tomorrow where I'll have only one day's idiocy to recount.
~Attila

No comments: