Friday, October 08, 2004

Ali G and Sleeping With Firefighters

Bri, Joey and I were fully exposed to Da Ali G Show for the first time today. Definitely good times, but I have to say I'm not a big fan of Borat, the Kazakhstani TV personality. Funny, but not 'ha ha' funny. More than made up for though by the Ali G interviews.
An odd thing happened today at 1:30pm when there was a knock on my bedroom door. A very REM sleepy me mumbled some question and a man responded asking if 'we' could come in. While this sounds like the setup for a dream come true, it turned out to just be my landlord and some window measuring guy. This is super sweet in a very different way, as it looks like we might be getting new windows within the next two weeks! Our current ones are so old the glass is streaking, which I think only happens after a hundred years or so. Maybe this winter it will actually be colder outside the house than inside. Dare to dream.
I think I've decided for the time being to apply for school next September, rather than January. Given my university history it's probably best that I take my time and think it over first. Still I'm very excited to be considering school as a possibility again. I got an email from Dad warning me to be absolutely sure this time, which made me want to verbally destroy him despite his having a point. Didn't last long though as ended up writing him a nice letter back. I miss Dad a bunch lately, which is weird since we tend to get on each others nerves. We're way too much alike to spend too much time together.
Amanda and I are working together tonight and she's informed me that she's sleeping with a firefighter. Man, my jealousy knows no bounds! First name deleted due to stupid closetcaseness sleeps with a rickshaw runner, and now this! The only thing hotter than sleeping with a rickshaw runner or a fireman should be perfectly bloody obvious. I'll have to figure out a way to accomplish this so I can get back my hard earned feelings of unwarranted superiority.
~Attila

No comments: