Thursday, October 07, 2004

Blogging is such sweet sorrow.

No more week long absences from blogging. No more I say!
For as much as I enjoy writing at the best of times it's been super hard to muster up the energy and creativity to write the past few days. I guess blogging gets easier with practise but that it's not like riding a bike, to mix pseudo-proverbs. Blogging progress can be completely negated by a simple long weekend away from the keyboard.
Fortunately lots happened today to write about. I started the day by going straight from work to the dentist, expecting hateful drilling noises and dental dams that fly off my face. (True story, snapped off and flew right across the room. Dr. T was less than happy.) Turns out my dentist was feeling kindly/lazy this morning so he only kept me for 10 minutes! Fixed one small depression on one of my eyeteeth and sent me packing, sans lollypop.
My early dental parole also let me have my review in the morning, instead of having to trudge back to work after a minimum of sleep to be picked apart in the afternoon. Surprisingly enough I earned not only an E for Effort but a few gold stars as well! Excellent times, how fun it is to have sunshine blown up one's rear end.
A bus ride home and five hours of sleep later it was time for kitchen conversation with Bri. We discussed my oh so sudden desire to return to university after a three year absence. If I get accepted and can find funding this will be my fourth university, a fact I'm refusing to dwell upon. It's easier to ignore than the fact that after three universities I still have nothing more than a high school diploma, which is probably the cause of me sudden scholastic urges.
I checked out SMU today, since it's the only school in Halifax I haven't been to, and found out that I missed the application deadline for winter by one week. This could be a good thing as courses are probably much easier to sort out when you start in September, and this will also give me almost a year to make sure that this is what I want to do.
Crystal has convinced me to try applying now despite the deadline just so I don't kick myself all January for not applying. Besides, if I don't get accepted I'm only out $40, and if I do I can still put off going until September if I feel I need to.
Complicating things further (although not really as I'm kind of disinterested) is that at the end of my review it was hinted that a promotion could, could be coming my way in the new year. I'm not spending too much thought on this though as I'm becoming more and more certain that this isn't the industry I want to work in for the forseeable future. Not that I plan on letting my bosses in on this, just in case.
Hmm, suddenly hoping for many reasons that no managers here are reading my blog. This would be very bad, although an increase in my readership would be appreciated nonetheless.
One last fun experience to relate for today. I got on the bus to come to work and sat directly across the aisle (on one of those bloody aweful busses where the seats face each other) from a girl who looked vaguely familiar. This can be awkward enough when you both are giving that "Do I know you or am I just buzzing?" look, but today was made much worse when this girl called me by name and asked how I was.
I spent the next fifteen minutes locked in a stilted conversation with this girl. I still couldn't tell you who she was for the life of me, but I can tell you that I deserve and Emmy for my performance. I'm absolutely sure she doesn't know that I was completely blanking on her. Once she made mention of my hometown I was home free. There's only so many points of reference you can have when discussing a town of 1300 people.
The day suitably saved I continued on to work to mull over school, work, life, and other irritations. Thank gods I have five days worth of other people's blogs to catch up on or I might have to actually do some serious self examination.
I'll have to send the people at blogger.com a nice card, or maybe a flower.
~Attila

1 comment:

lucifuge said...

i've thought the same about my readership: but if i tell dad about my blog, my readership would go up. he has a big mouth-- he might tell some peeps. he'll definitely tune in, if not just to scavenge for clues for the big mystery he thinks he's onto about my life.