Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Pirates Yarr.

This could be fun. Could be. Hmmm.
Joey's taking us on a walking tour of historic properties, that I've been told may feature pirates. This sounds so unbearably touristy I could cry, but I'm going into it with an open mind. I freely admit that this is one of those things I'll do because I like making him happy, but I can't go into it with a neg attitude or he'll catch on right away. Could be fun. Maybe. I'll try having an open mind about it and see how that goes.
Could go.
Hmm.
Got back to Halifax (see Halisex, Whorifax, etc) after three days at home with ma and pa. Got two fantastic free restaurant meals, and equally enjoyable home cooking, and time with the parents and the dog. Good times were definitely had by me but oh god how ready was I to come back to Halifax. Land of vices and things to do and distinctly lacking in cows. How do you spell relief? Not C O W I can tell you that much.
Still, home's really relaxing and nostalgic and pretty. Not the town itself but our house is nice, so's the cottage, which mom and dad did a lot of work on. I laughed and said now there'd be so much less I had to do when they kicked it. I think dad found this funny, maybe not mom. Probably a little, knowing her. Got sweet Big Stop food, the only thing Irving's doing in this world that isn't damning them to eternal hellfires. Well it probably is, but I don't care. Go Big Stop! Woo!
I'm currently listening to The Tragedies right now, and it's entertaining me in that I've never heard a band say 'whores' so many times. Then again they are from halifax (whorifax, halisex, etc).
Apparently the Ling and Meags didn't get typhooned to death, but another girl Margaret got hit in the head with a DVD player during the last earthquake. She was in an electronics store 10miles from the epicentre. I hear that all the Japanese people will grab onto and cover any foreign looking people because they assume that you don't know what to do in an earthquake. Which is, as far as I'm concerned, a completely accurate assumption. I know Margaret was pretty grateful for this attitude. She was pretty pissed I guess as a major aftershock hit right after she had finally convinced herself it was okay to go to bed.
Is it wrong that I'm kind of jealous that I didn't get to experience an earthquake? Not that I want one here, our house and most of the buildings around here would turn into splinters at a remarkable pace. Still, what's more exciting than an earthquake? This is only an attitude someone living outside an earthquake zone could appreciate I realize, so please don't comment and rip me up for insensitivity. It ain't gonna happen here, so I can be as blasé as I want about it, got that? If you really want to get even make nasty comments about hurricaines. Honestly they're still weirdly exciting too, unless you get swept out to sea or a house falls on you. That'd be less than cool.
Still more exciting than pirates though.
~Attila

No comments: