Tuesday, October 19, 2004

The Lazy, Lazy, Lazy Days of Fall

I hope somebody out there knows the song I bastardized for the title of today's blog. If not, sorry but you'll have to remain unenlightened for the time being.
My apologies to my (very) few faithful readers for my infrequent blogging, but I'm entitled. This was my birthday weekend so I don't feel too guilty about taking a few days off.
The festivities this year were pretty choice. Some key figures were missing due to sickness and death, literally for a change, but there was still a fine array of folks present. Lots of debauchery and indulgence, followed by some violence (in game form only, of course). All together we partied, danced, and drank for eight consecutive hours. No small accomplishment, if I may say so myself.
Great presents from Bri, Joey and others, including an unopened bottle of tequila in my fridge and some slight illegalities from Nicole. Bonne fete indeed.
Altogether we danced and drank and drank and danced for eight solid hours before heading off to bed, but not before I had a strange girl arrested and thrown in the drunk tank. I'd feel guilty about this but if you can't have drunk girls arrested on your birthday, when can you?
And, I got the BEST BIRTHDAY PRESENT EVER! I got the Golden Girls season one on DVD from Bri! It's not out until Nov. 23rd but I can wait a month for that. Oh Bea Arthur, we'll be together again soon...
Found out today that GFry is coming back from England/France/Germany on Saturday. Thankfully I'll be away in the homeland and won't have to worry about the state of rage my poor painting job in the kitchen might provoke. It'll be nice to see him again once he calms down though. Apparently the tour went really well in France after England's suckassery. I guess the French enjoy music to commit suicide to. Sorry G.
Also discovered today that southern Japan got hit by a huge typhoon, which makes me wonder about Meags and the Ling. Hopefully they're okay, I'll have to check out Ling's blog over the next few days to find out. Either that or wait for Meag's hourly email update. So far this makes one earthquake (in the first week, no less), many accounts of near death by bicycle, and possibly two typhoons.
Sure Meags, I'll come visit you real soon.
~Attila

2 comments:

lucifuge said...

1)of course i get that reference. that old 45 got a lot of play.
2)what an amazing time i had on your birthday. your friends are rad.
3) you should blog more often. it's amazing what can be said about nothing. see: my blog
3)golden girls-- T-less than a month
4)the intercontinental pop exchgange went well. perhaps we got something greater: KMFDM was fucking amazing!
5)i can't believe he didn't get pissed about the painting. hmmm? naw.
6)re: japan. yeah, it'd be rad to go. i wish it were cheaper, and less typoony.
7) :wumpscut: is amazing. check 'em out. (dude, give 'em another chance. h_n_l_y dance party??)

lucifuge said...

1)of course i get that reference. that old 45 got a lot of play.
2)what an amazing time i had on your birthday. your friends are rad.
3) you should blog more often. it's amazing what can be said about nothing. see: my blog
3)golden girls-- T-less than a month
4)the intercontinental pop exchgange went well. perhaps we got something greater: KMFDM was fucking amazing!
5)i can't believe he didn't get pissed about the painting. a good time to tell him about my misadventures? naw.
6)re: japan. yeah, it'd be rad to go. i wish it were cheaper, and less typoony.
7) :wumpscut: is amazing. check 'em out. (dude, give 'em another chance. h_n_l_y dance party??)