Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Je suis Dennis McDevious

Hehehe.
My lovely associate thinks that I am in the back office slaving over a backlog of paperwork. This was true up until about five minutes ago when I put on Icerberg radio. Funny how listening to your favorite Greenday tune from grade 8 (that's 8th grade for you finicky Americans out there) can completely dissolve your work ethic.
Not that I need much work ethic today. Thanksgiving is the favorite holiday of any hotel worker. After three or four months of high occupancy and cranky guests, this is the first weekend of the unofficial low season. Nobody travels to a business class hotel on the holidays, so this weekend is blissfully quiet. Add to that the fact that I brought cranberry herbal tea to work and my placidity level is way way up.
This relaxation could also have a lot to do with my aforementioned hiding out, or the fact that I finally did my laundry today. Things are bad when you pick up a pair of pants, do the sniff test, and realize that you just might have to wear jogging pants or boxer shorts outside today. Especially when it's chilly and rainy.
Speaking of chilly and rainy, the weather doesn't seem to be affecting me today. I don't think I really mind rainy days, just the cloudy, crappy grey ones. Rain is actually kind of nice. I love getting off work early in the AM and seeing a rainy, angry sky. Fast moving clouds are just neat.
Didn't get to see Joseph today, but just got reminded of him by way of a Sarah McLachlan (aka I hate Halifax cuz I'm petty) song. I know this is just pathetically clichéd for a gay couple, but she's sort of our relationship's house songstress. Not my fault or his, she's just been the person on the stereo both times we've gotten together. I'm surprised we didn't ditch her after the first time, but she doesn't seem to be a bad omen afterall.
Crystal's back from the south shore (bub) today, but I didnt' see her as I got her message too late. Turns out I missed movie night with Mr's Depp and Bloom. Curses and Death on that one. Instead Bri and I turned my bedroom into a psychiatry office and chatted for a bit. Also got to sit in my lazyboy for the first time since I moved. Sad that its' been covered in clothes and junk since Sept. 1st. The rest of my room's been okay, but I think everyone has that one piece of furniture that seems to have a magnetic affect on dirty clothes and unopened mail.
Is anybody out there studying this? Probably not, honestly physics students are so lazy.
Ugh. Can't write any more tonight. Madonna's on the radio now and nobody kills my creativity like her. Why do so many people think that all gay men love Madonna? That's almost as offensive as people who think we all love Barbara Streisand. What am I, 55? Should I be paying a lot more attention to London Life and Norwich Union commericals? Has anyone born after 1960 even seen Funny Girl? I haven't. I had to go to IMDB just to look up something she's been in!
I hope that debunks that myth once and for all.
Don't forget, no medical exam is neccessary!
~Attila

2 comments:

lucifuge said...

finicky americans, eh?
favOrite green day tune, eh?
favOrite holiday, eh?
blast you, damn you. go sit on the dirty side of the fence and think about what you've done!
ok, don't-- but only because i love you. but thou MUST spell our favOUrite words with an "ou", lest we be banished to hell (in a handbasket) avec (that's french for "with") our neighbOUrs.

Sparky said...

Ditto!