Saturday, October 09, 2004

Long Live the Queen. (Not)

I'm about to commit a gay man's cardinal sin. I am going to openly and proudly proclaim my hatred for bitchy queens. I've just had the extreme displeasure of having to throw a nasty drag queen and her boy toy out of my lobby. They weren't guests, and they were making out on the lobby couch so badly that we could hear it all the way over at the desk. When I asked them to knock it off and leave, I was told they were 'busy'.
Well, no shit. OF COURSE YOU'RE BUSY! YOU'RE BUSY RUTTING IN MY PLACE OF BUSINESS YOU STUPID FAUX CUNT!
Goddamn! I hate bitchy queens.
Anyway, some short tempered requests (the kind made with periods, not question marks) from me later, they vacated and now life is somewhat back to normal. Still I'm fixated on my latest obession: Why can't people just be civil? What's wrong with having a little manners, and maybe, just maybe, a tiny bit of class? Now I'm as big a fan of inappropriate behaviour as any other self respecting early 20's pot smoking left leaning secular queer. But come on, if somebody asks you nicely to please take it outside, don't be a bitchy queen about it. Just calmly and politely pick your clothes up off the floor and make your way home with a little dignity.
Speaking of bitchy queens, (I'll so die for that later ;) I finally got to spend some quality illness free time alone with Joey. He let me ramble on about my increasing desire to go back to school, and had lots of great feedback since he's a SMU alumn himself. And he cooked me dinner to boot. Not sure yet what terrible things he's been up to, although there must be something to account for all this lovely behaviour. Even the hounds were somewhat well behaved. Must be a new moon or something.
Bri visited me at work tonight, a rare and welcome occurance. Funny how I always yell at people that Halifax is safe to walk around after dark yet worry anytime she goes outside alone after 8pm. Must be because she's pretty small.
Today's been full of excitement. On the way to work I saw four Vote for Victor signs! And at work, I found out that Desperate Housewives is made by the same guy who made Golden Girls! And it stars Teri Hatcher, who I've loved since before it became apparent that I really shouldn't be into her. How can I not watch this show? Aside from the fact that I don't know when it's on and am probably working...
So annoyed! Voteforvictor.ca doesn't work! I'm still voting for him, but my confidence has been severely shaken.
Maybe the whole internet is down. I'll have to check with Bean.
~Attila

No comments: