Friday, October 29, 2004

Coffee and Surprises, but no Sunshine

Nothing starts a day off wrong like getting up when it’s dark out, after going to bed when… it’s… dark… out. Sigh. It’s hard to avoid getting up on the wrong side of the bed when it’s too dark to see which side’s which.
Somehow, regardless of this, today actually was really great. I got up at 6pm and was at the mall to surprise Joey by quarter to seven. Record time, especially when you factor in the bus ride, and the bus being late. Surprises seem to be Joey’s favourite thing, so he was pretty happy when I showed up at the end of his day. I bolted when his supervisor came along, even though she laughed at me and told me not to be so foolish and to wait inside.
I desperately needed coffee anyway, so I made a quick stop at Tim Hortons.
Speaking of which, I am SO SICK of people knocking Tim Hortons! I know it’s the cool thing to do, but let’s look at the facts:
1. The coffee is actually not that bad, at least in my opinion.
2. They’re distinctly Canadian. What kind of person are you if you’re knocking Tim Hortons all the time while you’re on your way to Starbucks?
You’re a TRAITOR! That’s what kind of person you are. Either that or a non-Canadian, in which case you may go about your business. But if you are Canadian, and you do prefer Starbucks over Tim Hortons, then you’re off my generic winter holiday gift list.
But I digress. Frequently. For the first time in over a year I went grocery shopping with a significant other. What an enjoyably domestic experience! We bought separate groceries but it was still a lot of fun. Groceries were followed by pizza making, by which of course I mean placing a pre-made pizza in the oven. Still good though. A little trash TV later and I was out the door and on the way to work.
Blogging today has taken on a new form, as I now have to write in Word and copy/paste into Blogger. I read on BBC News yesterday about a woman who works for Delta Airlines who got fired for blogging at work. Well actually it was because she posted a picture of herself looking kind of slutty in her Delta uniform on her blog, but that’s just plain stupid. Either way I’m choosing to be a bit more discrete.
Speaking of blogs, if you want to be truly horrified, check out my sister’s blog. It’s so gross that I actually can’t check it at work anymore. At least not until a certain picture is removed.
Also check out Crystal’s blog for her recounting of today’s acting performance.
Susan Lucci won’t even be nominated once the academy checks out this shit.
~Attila

No comments: