Thursday, November 11, 2004

180

Very fun morning today spent talking to Christine about books. I don’t usually have a lot of people who enjoy reading as much as I do. Except Crystal, but she reads classic British novels that would bore me to tears. Not much for discussion there.
Christine, however, is all about contemporary fiction, and also a bit of sci-fi and fantasy novels thrown in for good measure. She’s actually going to lend me the Lord of the Rings so I can try, hopefully not in vain, to read it again. The last time I tried I couldn’t get through the first five chapters. We had a very nice time although she refuses to believe that I actually liked 1984 more than Animal Farm. Both are great by the way, go read them now.
So I wrote the ex yesterday and despite all my previous venom I was actually civil and didn’t rub in the fact that I’m in a functional relationship too badly. Maybe a bit, but nothing obvious and crass. I have to say it was kind of nice to catch up, which is a good sign as I don’t really want to carry around any anger/bitterness/rage about the past. I realize this contradicts my blog from two days ago to a large degree, but it’s my blog so fuck off I can do what I want.
I almost suggested that I might be growing as a person. Don’t worry, not a chance.
I’m wide awake this morning even though it’s almost time for bed. If I had any kind of dedication I’d go straight home and sleep, get up early and go to the gym. Unfortunately that’s probably not me at all so I’ll most likely end up going home, buying some cigarettes, and watching a movie. Oh well.
Bri and I decided that we’re going to stay in the apartment until January. Partly because we felt bad about leaving G without a roommate and partly because we realized we were blocking out just how small the apartment we found was. It’s so cute and has a big balcony so how could we not ignore the size? Well it turns out we can’t, which is probably for the best. Looks like we’re going to spend the next month looking at places, which makes me feel better than if we had taken the first place we’d seen. I hate doing that because you can’t help but think that the next one could be perfect. Apartment hunting’s kind of like dating in that respect I guess.
Good thing I’m long past the first one.
~Attila

No comments: