Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Hey hey grey day...

Today was grey in every sense of the word. It was rainy, cloudy, and nothing exciting (good or bad) really happened. Days like this are best spent in bed, which I finally got to do for 8 solid hours. I've decided that sleep is the best tactic in my ongoing war with my cold. One more day spent in the company of my pillow may actually make me feel human again.
Bri was most grey today too, which always brings me down a bit. Crys on the other hand was uncharacteristically sunny. Perhaps her weather/mood ratio works in reverse? Whatever the reason I'm glad she's coming out of her funk.
Aside from sleep very little was accomplished by me today. Haley called shortly after I awoke (about 6pm) and invited me over for company and cheezy comedy. Grey-ness was subsequently replaced by Family Guy and a sort of dream sequence glow, for a short while. Spent early evening in pleasant mellowness and returned home to Bri and reality tv of appalingly bad quality.
Television has really reached the latest in a long series of new lows, this time in the form of "Trading Spouses". Not only does this program offer up some of the most unappealing specimens of middle America, but it also dares to bastardize the name of one of television's greatest triumps.
Ah the loveliness that is Paige Davis and co.
Soon after Amanda arrived to rescue me from the horrors of r.t.v. and we ventured forth to work together. The walk gave me (lots) of time to reflect on the day's major accomplishments:
1. Slept tonnes.
2. Broke umbrella beyond repair.
-End of List-
Highly unproductive day, which I will blame entirely on general grey-ness. Absolutely uninspiring. Also there was a total lack of Joey today, as he had been co-opted by his tiny friend before I even got out of bed. Bright spot on the horizon for today: New plan to kidnap Joey for much of this coming weekend. Undoubtedly that most colourful cat will purge my world of grey in record time.
Until then, I'm monochromatically yours,
~Attila

1 comment:

lucifuge said...

r.t.v. is barfy.
that woman was annoying.
my grey turned into a more expressive shade of grey, but was balanced out by the fact that kelsey is back. yay! getting sleep: what a plan. i pretty much got 8 hours last night (even tho i went to bed at four). i kept getting up earlier and just staring-- i knew it was time to go back. btw, you forgot to give props to colloidal silver.