Tuesday, September 28, 2004

An apple a day keeps scurvy at bay...

Ugh.
I took yesterday off work due to being ridiculously tired and sick. Went to bed about 1:30am (which is crazy early for me), intending to sleep until noon or six pm or some deliciously late hour.
Absolutely no luck on this front as Mrs. Kettle called at 9am to say the whole fam was in town. Ungodly. Surprise visits (or not quite surprise but with little notice) are excellent, but only when they occur at reasonable times. 9am is not a reasonable time for man or beast. (or at least not for this man/beast)
As a result I am still mildly unwell and unable to pen my new self-help book "Snoozing your way to better health and personal satisfaction". Very upset about this as it is surely a best seller waiting to happen.
Instead, I piled into the van with the rest of the fam and retreated to a semi-great veggie restaurant downtown. Ended up paying for meal for six out of my own pocket out of possibly misguided desire to feel like a saint child. Worked somewhat although I would feel much better about the situation if my cc hadn't declined. (Hateful Visa. Feel like reenacting last scenes of Fight Club. If unsure, watch immediately.) Entire dining experience has been further tainted by resulting intestinal distress. Tarted-up month old tofu is undoubtedly to blame.
Next onto the mall for capitalist society therapy. Against all better judgment SisterGirl and I ended our self-enforced ban on the Sears Outlet Store. Found no good buys as everything in store was infected with pleats. I've finally figured out where all the world's pleats fled after 1992. Sears Outlet Store / Pleat Refugee Centre. Arnold Palmer eat my rear.
Many minutes of fruitless shoe searching (so much easier than soul searching. Hmm. Almost willing to explore puns involved in 'sole searching' but not quite) followed by mall related miracle.
Found: 1 pair wicked-ass pants on sale for $19, marked down from $99! Some poor soul attempted to hide them behind ugly shirts for later purchase, but now they are all mine. I am entirely convinced that I can conquer the world in these pants. (Note: start on this plan as soon as pants are hemmed.) Plus they make my Arnold Palmer dining experience rear look great. Bonuses abound.
But then back to sickness and exhaustion, relieved only by ditching fam and deefing with SisterGirl. An excellent plan, followed by thrown together pita pizzas and lentil soup. The Boy showed in time for soup, bringing one of the Hounds with him. So much fun to have a hound in the house. As long as it's one that doesn't pee every time it sees me. That's understandably less fun. Yo quiero chihuahuas that don't piss on me constantly.
Supper and social hour was followed by a brief nap made all the better by the humidifier that is attempting to cure my cold. Waking up in a room that's hot and steamy and rain-forestesque while knowing on a deeper level that it's fall and crisp-y outside is oddly satisfying.
Unfortunately a 45 minute nap followed by an 8 hour night shift is not satisfying. It's mentally exhausting and results in rambling blogs entries containing little insight and no point.
For occasionally more comprehensible blogs, see
SisterGirl's Blog or Rural Chic's Blog.
Here's wishing you all health, wealth, and un-expired tofu products.
~Attila

2 comments:

Sparky said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sparky said...

Let's try this again...I posted one comment only to realize too late that I can't blasted spell and deleted it as I do not wish you to think I am an idiot who cannot manage to navigate the tremendously complex world of homonyms. Such a mistake as the one included in the since expired comment unfortunately could not be considered as a typo. It is simply very bad grammar. I have begun my decline.

Anyway, what I was trying to say was: You are TOO bloody funny for your own good. Got it right that time. Ha!