Tuesday, August 23, 2005

It's amazing how fast you can type...

It's amazing how fast you can type after drinking a large cappuccino. This whole entry should take less than 20 seconds. Fuck me I think I'm having heart palpitations.
coronary crisis aside, I'm getting ever closer to going back to school. I'm more excited than terrified so far, which I think is a good sign. I've had a couple of good signs so far, in that I've been admitted to major in political science (so expect many more political rants on this blog, sorry Big J) and a did surprisingly well on my French placement test.
Now all I have to do is continue waiting semi-patiently to hear back from student loans. I'm trying to be optimistic but after applying late and waiting a month and a half, I'm starting to get concerned. I think there's a good chance that I'll get my loan, but I don't know how much faith I have in getting it before the September 14th deadline. Not only that, but I'd kind of like to have some money to buy textbooks before school actually starts.
But forget about that, as there's no point in worrying about things you can't change. This is probably going to be the most helpful thing in getting through the next few years of school. I think if more people would wake up and realize that worrying actually doesn't solve anything, and in fact tends to make situations worse, we'd all be a lot better off. Except for therapists of course, who would be out of business by noon the next day.
This is hardly the time to worry anyway, as I've finally been approved for some vacation time. This is not a much needed break. That would be an understatement. This is a 'give me time off before I rip out my own pancreas out of frustration and start force feeding it to random guests' type of vacation. Much much needed, to put it another, slighly more PC way.
In case anyone is wondering when I even learned what the words 'politically correct' meant, that would be right around the same time I learned that one of my managers reads my blog regularly.
That said, hi cutie! Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

lucifuge said...

stopping worrying got me on the dean's list third year. hope it does the same for you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Blake,

Not daily but often, only cause I luv you and have realized that your man is quite terrific! but you already know that.

Luv,
..
/